Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm really old

Rolling Stone's readers have voted their top 10 albums from the 90's. Check out the list here.

My first reaction was that I could have lived with 5 of these albums on the best ever list, but then again,  I had a lot of time to listen to music in the 90's.

OK Computer, Nevermind, Achtung Baby, Siamese Dream, What's the morning glory; in fact, all groups behind these albums par G'n'R (who I loved to hate) and Pearl Jam (no relationship) belong to my absolute favorites of all times.

Interesting that Smashing Pumpkins managed to get 2 albums onto to the list - overall I would consider Radiohead the bigger act but I guess it is a matter of debate if their best work came in the 90's or after.

The interesting thing is something completely different though. I was in a sushi bar the other day and heard music by Suede (where are they on the list?), Green Day and some other act from the 90's. I asked the guy behind the counter if he was in charge of the music and he said: "No, it's the radio channel Classic Rock!".

Classic Rock? CLASSIC rock? WTF?!?

I thought classic rock was Led Zeppelin et al. Good music, but OLD.

Apparently I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment