Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I promised not to

I promised myself not to write anything on the topic of Christmas music. Most new material is pretentious or just rotten, and a lot of the old stuff has lost it's flavour.

Besides, who will ever make a better Christmas song than Little Drummer Boy or Happy Christmas?

But, then I heard The Christmas Duel by The Hives and Cindi Lauper. The opening lines (I bought no gifts this year and I slept with your sister) and the Phil Spector inspired production just made my day!




5 comments:

  1. Heard this a while ago, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might like this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrcPJ75zZso&feature=player_detailpage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my cup of tea... But x-mas is over, moving towards the end of the year, I expect nothing less than a 2010 top 10 song list from a music blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    I've actually been debating myself on the topic. I'm not really convinced my two pence worth are anything to hang in the Christmas tree... (multinational combination of proverbs). I might just list my top music experiences of the year, regardless of whether or not the music originated this year. Which would mean I need to start right now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Fly,

    You have the advantage,it is your blog. But that does not mean I do not have expectations. However, they may, or may not, be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete