Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Live Cohen

I've been thinking of listing my favorite concert experiences. (I KNOW you care).

Or maybe just sharing my favorite live recordings.

How an act performs live is quite central to my overall rating of that act. Partly, I feel that real musicians should be able to perform live - I mean, you can pull of just about anything in a studio these days.

Also, experiencing an act live often adds new flavors to my perception of the music and the people behind that music.

One act I would have liked to experience live is Leonard Cohen. I had the chance a year or so ago, but (oddly) couldn't be bothered to organise the excursion.

There's something about seeing live acts old enough to be my parents, and that were shaking the world in the 60's and 70's that makes me want to say "oh grow up and get a fuckin life".

Problem is, I'm the one who doesn't have a life... They (the elderly rock stars) are doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment