Friday, November 5, 2010

My heroe

I had a crush on a girl in Paris in 1985. She listened to the Cure so they quickly became my favorite band.

A year or so later I actually started to like the music.

Today I consider them to be one of my Top 5 favorite bands. That is, if soon 40 year olds are allowed to have favorite bands. I consider the 1985 album "Head on the Door" to be one of the best alternative pop records of the 80's.

Anyway. This is what Robert Smith sounds like singing a bad song: Not in Love by Crystal Castles.

I've heard worse, though. Check him out in this duet with Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins).

Enough bad music?

Yes, it is Friday, but I'll give you this to feast on instead.


2 comments:

  1. You shall not forget The Cure covering Depeche Mode's World In My Eyes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6LbKH9WzkI

    And Crystal Castles is reasonably good - who can resist ATARI sounds...

    /skylt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr Skylt. Hadn't heard that cover.

    ReplyDelete